Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Poem I

Tonight

Shiver when you slice a fish
The heart forgets its only holes
Never has the ancient dish
Lashed itself to such repose.

Mother, mother, make me cry
My wail forgets the wall is high
Out comes the sun and dries up all the rain
Never will I mind again

Heart of my own heart spare me kind
Never again will I remind
Wildness hopes the rain is true
But underfoot the sod fails you.

I do not dare to speak his name
In saner moments when in came
In the air and out declare
Out, out upon you, fair despair!

Why should I cry, my – oh my –
Oh my heavens and oh my head
And oh the dream days I have sped
Kill what throttles me in my bed

Make it stop. Stop. Just cry.

No comments:

What is your status on this blog?